View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 07:21 AM   #108
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyB View Post
John if you don't like Kobo forcing their latest version of the firmware on you (and I can certainly understand why you feel this way) then stop syncing.
Download your books as epubs and then side load them onto your Kobo. It's quite simple - the downside for those who read on multiple devices is that the second device won't know what page you are up to but as I read different books on different devices this is not a problem for me.
But to do this, I'll need to stop "just reading". I'll need to search the internet for some good firmware, attempt to update it, maybe get some squares that won't stop dancing, try another firmware, maybe edit a database, ...

FWIW, I've decided to stick with 2.1.1. It does what I need "to just read" with some minor annoyances.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote