View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 01:49 PM   #82
GreenMonkey
DRM hater
GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST glow, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
You may perhaps misunderstand me. I'm not expecting to be able to find out who is using my software illegally. I simply want a practical method of being able to prosecute those whom I do catch (eg selling copies of my software on eBay - that's quite a common thing, sadly).
There's a difference between people consuming media (including software) for free, and people selling others' media to make money (like bootleg DVDs, pirated software on ebay, etc).

You're not being clear on which you're unhappy about. Because you say this is what you want, but you talk about people using your software for free and not paying you.

If you're concerned about extracting money from endusers/clients/whatever you want to call them - the problem is, when you start suing your potential customers, you lose business. I think, more than you gain from the lawsuits, personally. I know I haven't bought a new RIAA affiliated album in years - this from someone who used to buy dozens each year.
GreenMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote