View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 01:51 AM   #17
kbaerwald
BioReader
kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rand1956 View Post
Might that help with the yellowed pages?
Yes - I think it will help when you have an even background of one color e.g. dark blue with black characters on it. I found it not so efficient for my special problem with uneven yellowness across the pages plus staines.

As long as either the scanner or the software discriminates well enough in b&w the results are good. My current workflow includes ScanTailor and this proves to be worth the additional effort. I always scan gray now with setting the "brightness" of the scanner to approx. 75% of the scale of the Canon P-150 (whatever the scale means ). This makes the overall appearance of the page a bit pale but helps with the b&w discrimination of ScanTailor at a later point in time. There is one ScanTailor feature i.e. Despeckling that I find more and more useful especially for older books.

As to the P-150: meanwhile I scanned 50 books with an average of 200-400 pages per book without problems. I always use a pack of 40 [edit] sheets to feed into the paper feeder and this still works flawlessly. The failure rate is approx. 5%.

Klaus

Last edited by kbaerwald; 02-29-2012 at 03:13 AM.
kbaerwald is offline   Reply With Quote