View Single Post
Old 07-20-2011, 12:32 AM   #12
Jesse Chisholm
Enthusiast
Jesse Chisholm actually enjoys Vogon poetry.Jesse Chisholm actually enjoys Vogon poetry.Jesse Chisholm actually enjoys Vogon poetry.Jesse Chisholm actually enjoys Vogon poetry.Jesse Chisholm actually enjoys Vogon poetry.Jesse Chisholm actually enjoys Vogon poetry.Jesse Chisholm actually enjoys Vogon poetry.Jesse Chisholm actually enjoys Vogon poetry.Jesse Chisholm actually enjoys Vogon poetry.Jesse Chisholm actually enjoys Vogon poetry.Jesse Chisholm actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Device: none
@Philosopher, are you still looking for an AudioBook plugin?
The idea sounded interesting to me, and so I threw together a Metadata Reader for AudioBooks in the .MP3 format. Very limited for .M4B format.

@Kovid, It is up at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=1667632

It is still version 0.5.0, so has a ways to go.
1: multiple files are still separate "books", but are put in the same series together.
2: still having issues getting the cover image out of the .MP3 file (if present at all).
3: still having issues setting the mi.pubdate and mi.title_sort.
4: no way (yet) to send a books playlist of all chapters to an audio player. ;-)
If you "open" a single book and it will probably play in your OS's normal way.
5: does not write modified metadata back to the MP3 file. it is a Reader plugin.

PS: The default book cover, if I can't find anything else, is a small PNG. I tried to use an SVG, but it didn't display properly. It looks like total or partial transparency is failing on both SVG and PNG. (in calibre 0.8.10 on Windows-7). Both files are in the zip.

-Jesse

Last edited by Jesse Chisholm; 07-22-2011 at 10:18 AM. Reason: Changed to internal URL.
Jesse Chisholm is offline   Reply With Quote