View Single Post
Old 09-21-2013, 09:35 PM   #12
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Red face

Yeah... iOS 7 is all about cheese & mustard, isn't it?

The trouble is, none of those piecemeal improvements (changing the wallpaper, making fonts slightly bolder, etc.) are going to remove the underlying overall aesthetics. Also, whoever heard of the user adjusting the wallpaper to the OS, instead of the OS adjusting itself to the wallpaper? Isn't that "back asswards"?

There appears to be no way of getting rid of those painfully slow animations, is there? And, what about the use of the hair's-breadth Helvetica (faux Helvetica, I hear) fonts throughout the interface, also in pop-up dialogs... No settings tweak is going to change the font of the date digit inside the Calendar icon to be of a more distinctive font, is it? (By the way: not allowing users to set default apps for mail, web browsing, calendar, etc., in 2013, is a letdown. I'm not even mentioning the ability to set our own custom icons or, heaven forbid, put widgets on our home screens.) Whenever I see that new Calendar icon, I feel like banging my head against the wall. Who could possibly think this new Calendar icon was an improvement over the previous Calendar icon? A rounded, all-white square featuring hair's-breadth Helvetica font showing the date in black, and the day in red, and that's it? Come on! A 6-year-old could design such an icon. Intentional minimalism, I get it -- but is it likely that all or even most iOS users around the world are fans of such extreme minimalism?

What about the vast expanses of white engulfing the user throughout the iOS 7 interface? I get it: folks at Apple are fond of whiteness (even more so than the previous greyness, or so it seems) combined with hair's-breadth thin Helvetica fonts. Fine, many people seem to be enjoying that esthetics -- but whereas I was proudly showing off my iDevices to others until now, I will now prefer to hide them from others, for fear they might think of me as a person of questionable taste.
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote