View Single Post
Old 07-20-2018, 04:20 PM   #41682
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Hmmmm...I'll have to look into "capsule hotels." Sounds interesting!

(I don't know what top hub or bottom means, but, go for whichever is the most luxurious!)

Hitch
There are many different capsule hotels, from basic to luxurious. CityHub is in middle of these. At only €42 a night it's fun to try it and get the opportunity to explore Rotterdam. It's between a hostel and a hotel; you get your own space (in this case locked, in Asia often just a curtain), but share the bathroom. This is a YouTube video about the CityHub in Amsterdam. The "hubs"/capsules are the same as in Rotterdam.

This is a photo of two pods. The section behind the door got shelves for your things, and serve as a stairs (I think) for the hub on top. Behind the window is the bed. So for the top hub you have to climb for the bottom hub you have to duck down.

I like the idea of a top hub, but I almost always have to use the toilet during the night and I'm not sure having to navigate shelf-stairs is a good idea in the middle of the night.

I'm really looking forward to it, hopefully by that time there's a decision in the Family Thing (despite the deadline on Wednesday we're still negotiating, so no news yet). If there is a solution by then I'm going to celebrate it like the true introvert I am: a long visit to the big bookstore. By then my sister is working for a company near Rotterdam part of the week, if she works there on Monday we might meet up for dinner.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote