View Single Post
Old 07-14-2018, 03:05 AM   #41675
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Ditto. But she said it better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Good God, why should YOU feel guilty that you're (quite rationally) relieved that the onus of a horrible decision won't fall on you? A decision that should have been made by the owners, who are also then responsible for making YOU (potentially) wear it? Oh, nononononononono. You shouldn't have a guilty thought in your head. At ALL. That's...that's crazy talk.

Think of it this way--forget the housesitting, completely. Take yourself out of the picture, entirely. As their friend, and Luca's friend, what was the best-possible thing that could happen, right now, barring imaginary miracles where the dog is suddenly 2 years old and healthy? She needed to be euthanized, right, so that she'd stop suffering. Right? So then...no guilt. Your part in this, the housesitting, is tertiary. You are RIGHTLY relieved for the dog's sake. It's no crime to be relieved for your own sake as well.

Hitch
I know it, but still.

It's also been an emotionally exhausting week. First of all the worrying about Luca, then the monthly hormones (which always seem to be worse when it's very warm) and finally the Family Thing. The deadline for the negotiations is next Wednesday and it might work out or not. So lots of emotions going on and I just don't know what I'm feeling right now.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote