View Single Post
Old 09-11-2013, 09:18 AM   #114
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
That is not how it works. In the contracts you have licenses to sell the book in different countries. If you do not have any licenses at all you cannot sell the book. The contract does not say that you are prohibited to sell the book in certain countries.

Just because somebody wants to sell something to you does not mean it is legal or moral for you to buy it.
That is how it works. The seller makes a due dilligence check (ip address, credit card address, whatever) to determine if they can sell the book to you. If you pass that test then the license issued to you is legal. If it is not then that is an issue between the seller and the publisher. Consider the point of sale to be in the country where the VPN tunnel originates if that pleases your sense of propriety. Then all bases are covered. In any case I have paid for the goods and absolutely refuse to consider my behavior immoral. Trying to rip me off with higher prices, that is immoral. And distributor agreements are not my problem.

The way you were arguing you must have been fully in agreement with Amazon removing copies of 1984 from people's Kindles?

Last edited by HansTWN; 09-11-2013 at 09:28 AM.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote