View Single Post
Old 04-13-2021, 03:49 PM   #15
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryhermit View Post
I'm pretty sure Amazon could hit the publishers way worse than the publishers could hit them by, say, refusing to sell any of their books in retaliation.

The bigger threat isn't the publishers taking their toys and going home, it's the antitrust scrutiny such a spat would bring upon Amazon.
If Amazon stops selling their books, then for those that read pBooks, there are other places to get them such as B&N.

I know this will be an issue for Kindle users. But then if enough of them get all up in Amazon's face, that could get Amazon to back down.

It doesn't bother me that Amazon is no longer selling books from the BPHs or allowing Kindle eBooks through Overdrive. It could mean that people with older Kindles might just decide to abandon Amazon and go with an ePub capable Reader such as Kobo or B&N.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote