View Single Post
Old 09-10-2010, 02:39 AM   #7
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbillb View Post
Your reply did not address the error messages which refer to lines which are not in the file. The first error is actually at line 1422, not at line 2959 as stated in the error message. The second error is at line 1428, not at line 2967 as the error message says, and the third error is at line 1433 instead of line 3038.
You'd have to take that up with whatever group created the results or you can download epubcheck and run it yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbillb View Post
<li class="bodytext6">Place the locomotive on your service-mode programming track.<br class="bodytext" />

I change it as follows:
<li class="bodytext6">Place the locomotive on your service-mode programming track.<br />

With these changes, epub verification passes without the "br" errors.
So your just removing the "class" and it passes validation? Fascinating, I'm not a html guru, but last time I checked the class attribute was one of the acceptable attributes for <br> tags.

It might help if you can make and attach a small html file and attach the converted epub sample that fails the validation with the associated errors so we can all have full context.

If you can create this maybe Kovid can shed some light.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 09-10-2010 at 02:45 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote