View Single Post
Old 01-05-2010, 08:33 AM   #3
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by janneman View Post
I want to get the image and open them in an image editor so i can crop the borders. Then reinsert the image in the epub.

How can i do this?
This will be very easy to do in 0.2.0, where you'll be able to right click on an image in the Book Browser and open it in an external editor.

But right now, this is a bit difficult. Pdurrant gave a very good and simple way of doing this.

The image files are located in the "<SigilTempFolder>/scratchpad/<BookUUIDFolder>/OEBPS/images". The path to "<SigilTempFolder>" is "<UserHomeFolder>/My Documents/Sigil" on Windows and "<UserHomeFolder>/.Sigil" on Unices like Mac OS X and Linux (notice the dot in the folder name). The next version of Sigil will use "<UserHomeFolder>/Sigil" (no dot) on Windows.

Do be very careful if you're editing the files in the book's folder. If you screw something up, you could crash Sigil. You're not really meant to mess around in that temp folder.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote