View Single Post
Old 08-17-2009, 12:47 PM   #1
nobylspoon
Zealot
nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Asus Transformer, WIFI Xoom, EVO LTE, 3G Paperwhite 10/2
Just finished reading my first ebook on the iPod Touch

I just finished up my first ebook on my iPod Touch and I must say it seemed to work out very well for me. I do eventually want to get an eInk device as soon as something more geared to students and digital textbooks become available at an affordable price but in the meantime I am quite satisfied with the iPod Touch.

I have both Stanza and the Kindle app installed however I really only use the Kindle app if there is something on Amazon I want to purchase. The battery life was not really an issue with me, I turned off the wifi and reduced the screen brightness which saved alot of battery power. I found that reading with a black background and white text was much softer on the eyes which allowed me to spend longer periods of time reading.

I think the best perks about reading on the iPod Touch is being able to read in bed without disturbing my partner. Unfortunatly now I am not getting enough sleep because I am staying up way to late reading but the clock at the top of the screen does a good job helping me keep track lol.

On a side note I am also using ComicZeal which I highly recommend for anyone reading comics. I was never really big on comics but this app got me hooked on reading them.
nobylspoon is offline   Reply With Quote