View Single Post
Old 05-20-2009, 04:32 PM   #1
weatherman
Addict
weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (previous: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire) Kindle 4 WiFi, K3K, KPW
Double-Triple Charged for Whispernet Delivery

Just ranting here. I recently sent myself a document via Whispernet and not only was I charged the "new" per-megabyte rate of $0.30 but I was also double charged for the transaction, and the document was sent twice!

I went back and looked through all my email from Amazon, and I realized I have never been officially notified of the price increase. Sure I read about it here and other places, but nobody said when it would start.

I'm peeved about the charges being increased, and doubly peeved that I was charged twice because the service doesn't work properly. So I decided that every time there's a problem with the Whispernet, I'm going to call support and take up at least 5 minutes of their time. I figure that will offset any profits they'll make from the new prices for Whispernet delivery, and they'll have to rethink the policy.
weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote