View Single Post
Old 12-30-2008, 04:56 PM   #54
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
Speaking of displays: I'll tell you something that impresses me. Whenever I visit someone's house and see a cabinet's worth of music albums replaced by an iPod, a stand, and a set of speakers. There's something to be said for being compact!
It amazes me when I think of how much space it used to take to store my music collection or DH's movies. I'm the same way with movies as with books. I rarely watch a movie more than once. DH rewatches and rereads. I'm an anti-clutter freak and he's almost a bit of a pack rat. This has necessitated many compromises from both of us. I've been through albums, cassettes and CDs. He's been through VHS and DVD. We're now down to a few binders of discs and everything else is a digital file. Shelves and shelves of clutter is reduced down to a couple square feet. Most of my recent music has been downloaded with no media at all. We can see video going the same way as broadband becomes more accessible. I would love to get rid of all those books, too, and reclaim the space for living.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote