View Single Post
Old 09-09-2013, 07:42 PM   #78
calvin-c
Guru
calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moon+ Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sil_liS View Post
And if you get a message that you don't want to reply to? Will the time be replaced until you read the message, or will the message disappear after some time?
I'm assuming the message would disappear automatically after a second or two. If not then you might be right about needing two hands in which case I'd rate this FAIL just as you apparently have.

Quote:
I have friends and relatives with the same first names so this would be impossible for me, and in the case of work related contacts, I might not even know the name of the person but I can see from the email address which company they work for so I would need around 20 characters.
So it won't work for you. Possibly I'm special-or maybe you are. Hard to tell without a study but you know? I think we could maybe tell by how many people would find this useful if it were reasonably priced. It isn't so it's likely we'll never settle this question.

Quote:
We were talking about determining whether or not the message is important enough for a person to pull the car over and answer immediately.
I'm afraid it doesn't work that way for me. Again, it might work that way for others but for me it's who the message is from that determines whether or not I'll take the call.

Quote:
You lost me here. You don't think that LCD screens light up?
Can light up, sure-but light up automatically? Again it depends on how the watch was designed to function. My analogy is still to a 'regular' watch with alarms taking the place of messages. I've never had a watch that lit up when an alarm went off. Of course alarms are noise whereas messages are (hopefully) silent-so maybe the designer did design it to light up when a message is displayed. I hope not but can't be sure. Can you?

Quote:
And you lost me here as well. What is your objection to carrying two devices? I was assuming that it had to do with having to carry two different pieces of equipment, but apparently that isn't it so what is the objection?
I guess I wasn't clear. Thinking about it I guess I'd say that I don't mind wearing multiple devices but carrying them is different-at least to me. And I don't consider devices clipped to my belt as being worn-those are carried just as devices in pockets are. Matter of definition, I guess. I don't mind wearing a watch & carrying a pen & at the same time carrying a phone. There's 3 devices right there & I'm not even counting the penlight on my keychain, knife in my pocket, etc. So you're basically right on this point-I'm just not clearly articulating what I mean by 'not wanting to carry multiple devices'. Obviously I do carry multiple devices but don't want to carry two phones or an ereader plus a phone or a tablet plus a phone, etc. I'll need to think about how to express this more clearly in the future. Thanks.
calvin-c is offline   Reply With Quote