View Single Post
Old 09-01-2013, 05:12 AM   #383
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Here we are, 2/3rds of the way through the year. How are people doing?

I should have bought no more than 80 books by now. I've bought 118. I know that I'll be buying at least another 19 over the rest of the year, and probably a few more. Not too far off my goal, but I'm definitely not going to make that one.

Reading-wise, I've read 139 so far this year, which means that I'm on course for 200 or so by the end of the year, about the same as in 2011 (although in 2011 I was at 151 on 1st September), but more than 2012 (121 on 1st September) and 2010 (114 on 1st September).

In terms of my TBR pile, I've reduced it by 19 so far this year. Well, that is if I ignore the re-organisation of my books that has turned up quite a few more unread books. But I'm not going to reset my count until the start of next year. However, if I can restrain my buying a bit over the next four months and keep up my reading, I MIGHT make my target for reduction in my TBR to 240 or less.

(In fact, next year my TBR will be over 600, although quite a few of those newly discovered 'unread' books are short stories from fictionwise. I hope to be able to reduce my TBR considerably next year, through reading the shorts, or finding out that I've already read them in anthology form.)
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote