Thread: Glo Bad battery?
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 01:28 AM   #27
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakini View Post
my suspicion ... and why i asked the questions about the file ... is that the size of the file does affect battery drain. i have an 8MB epub I sideloaded, and I noticed incredibly fast drain on my battery. I've had a couple other kepubs that have been missing some of the chapter anchors and so they load large chunks -- 150 pages or so -- and they seem to drain the battery a lot faster than normal sideloaded epubs.

so, in my experience the size of the file, and how much of it gets loaded at a time, seem to affect drain, which I think is what Mrs. Often is also noticing on her device.
I can think of no mechanism by which this can happen. I suspect something else caused the problem.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote