View Single Post
Old 10-12-2017, 10:57 AM   #2611
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lepricon View Post
Yup... I did a very stupid thing. I know.
I think it's time to order new oasis

And try serial port with the voyage.

Will it work if it stuck on bootloop? I need to get to FS and copy jar file with those 5-10 seconds while it is trying to boot?
Probably the easiest way would be to boot to the alternate OS ('diags') and then use that system to re-install either 5.8.10 or 5.8.11
I don't think you have time to write the old jar file in the few seconds the normal OS gives you.
So the only way (if you don't have Rescue Pack with the Cowards Rescue Pack extension) is to use the serial port.

The "DO_FACTORY_RESTORE" does not modify the system image files, so it will not "fix" the damaged system image.

The "hotfix" code (that is, the "bridge code" part of it) has a way to boot an "emergency script" during normal start up.
I am not sure if that will help in this situation.
I do not recall anyone providing example scripts.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote