View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 03:39 PM   #11
bill_mchale
Wizard
bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, HPC Evo 4G LTE
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post

Just starting to figure things out. It appears I must use the Sony E-library software to buy/download books from Sony or Google but I have just gotten used to using Calibre and am preferring it to manage my library. Anyone else doing that sort of thing or do you all just use the Sony software?

Also I get an pop-up error when I connect my Reader -- apparently a USB driver issue on the Drive/drives (maybe the memory cards?). Everything appears to work but the error is obnoxious every time I plug it in. Any tips or direction wrt that problem?

Thanks!
Hi, I just got a PRS505 for my wife to read on (I am currently using a Jetbook). Calibre is a great tool for managing the Sony reader. I imagine the only reason I need the Sony software at this point is to authorize the reader for DRM'd books and for firmware updates.

--
Bill
bill_mchale is offline   Reply With Quote