View Single Post
Old 07-14-2015, 07:14 PM   #1
akita
akita began at the beginning.

Device: iPad mini retina
export .mobi with specific title output?

hello,
I'm certain this must have been covered somewhere, but I cannot find the answers to my query. So if the topic has been covered, I apologize in advance, and would appreciate any links I should read.

I just bought Kindle Paperwhite 2015. Apparenly I can't jailbreak it (easily), so I can't connect it directly from Calibre. So I intend to upload using "Send to Kindle" app, which is extremely primitive, but works.

but I have many many books that are in a series. And having found out that Calibre Series metadata doesn't really translate to Kindle Collections, I am opting to renaming the title using the Metadat Plugboard before uploading to my kindle account (either manually e-mail, or save the converted file in a folder, and then upload using "Send to Kindle" app)

Here's the situation:
a. I can translate from .epub to .mobi using "send e-mail to ***@kindle.com" and successfully upload the .mobi file to my Kindle account
b. I know how to manually translate from .epub to .mobi without e-mailing out. but I don't know how to direct Calibre to output the converted files to a specific file location..

the problem:
1. I can't get "send to device" with the Metadata Plugboard template, to covert the title using the source script (just keeps the titles same)
2. since I can't find "KindlePaperwhite" as an available device on the Plugboard, I chose Kindle2 for my kindle device in the setup wizard, and chose Kindle2 as the output device in the Plugboard, hoping that will trigger the title conversion.
3. even if I have .mobi-->Kindle2 setting with the following source template, although I can get the file sent to my kindle, it won't change the title:
{series}{series_index:0>2s|[|]: }{title}

so since I can't get the above to work,
1. I was wondering what am I doing wrong
2. if it is possible to make Calibre export the file to a specific folder on a computer first.. so I can validate the change in the title before I upload it to my Kindle account manually (e-mail takes too long)
3. is there a way to get kindle paperwhite 2015 for the Metadata Plugboard device option? or which devices should I be using? or what to choose for folder output?

any help is greatly appreciated. I'm so frustrated (loved Marvin on my iOS, but now Calibre won't talk to it either.. grrr)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	plugboard.jpg
Views:	480
Size:	115.0 KB
ID:	140281  
akita is offline   Reply With Quote