Thread: User Poetry
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2008, 04:40 PM   #5
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
That's the thing I find so disappointing about adults, myself included too often: the loss of a sense of wonder. Sure, I know about how earthworms move (for example), but a kid doesn't, and when he sees one for the first time, he's fascinated just the same way I was the first time I saw it. I try to respond to kids in those sorts of situations differently than what I usually got: which was something to the effect of "yeah, so?"

This piece does a good job of recognizing and respecting that sort of wonder, even though the speaker has grown beyond it. That may be the core of why I like it, but I don't know if I would have been able to put my finger on it without your comments, zelda_pinwheel.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote