View Single Post
Old 01-21-2011, 12:11 AM   #13
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
I always check the table of contents now to see where the footnotes start. That way I can mentally prepare myself for where the book really ends. Also if you are reading a biography, the photos are sometimes grouped and listed in the ToC. I cheat and look at these before I read the story!

I just finished a book this week that had a reminder note in the index that you are reading the e-version and that the index is based on the pbook numbers. Therefore the pages in the index would not correlate to the pages in the ebook. It recommended that instead you use your ereader's search feature using the key words in the index to find the item in the ebook. So I tested a few key words and that method actually worked quite well. I read quite a few non-fiction books. I have never seen a disclaimer like this before. I wonder if that will become more common? The book was released in October 2010 so it is recent.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote