Thread: Calibre 4.2
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2019, 04:35 PM   #36
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by deback View Post
I don't think I'm ready to have to do a clean installation of the 64-bit version. If it's possible to upgrade and keep all of my current data, I'd do it, with no hesitation.

I have 16GB of RAM.

You're right that driver support might not have been available when I installed the 64-bit Windows. I'm not sure what the problem was.

Thanks for your suggestions!
Do you realize that 13GB of your RM is sitting there going to waste.

You can keep your data. You would be best to backup the hard drive first. But if you cannot do that, backup your user profile and install 64-bit windows. But you may want to uninstall any programs you no longer use or will be installing the 64-bit version. You will have to reinstall your programs.

I know it's a hassle but if you don't do it for fear of losing data, you'll never do it and you'll always be on 32-bit. Heck, I did it. It wasn't as hard as it sounds.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote