View Single Post
Old 10-13-2008, 01:41 PM   #2
zerospinboson
"Assume a can opener..."
zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad v2, DR1000
Quote:
However, the battery issues outlined by CJP, and slowly being confirmed by others in mobileread forums IS a problem. Do you think that future updates can increase battery life, or should I assume the mentioned 5 hour~ as what to expect from the device for future too.
it should be fairly trivial to fix that, IF there is a 'switch' built into the wacom pen slot like there is on the iLiad (i can't confirm that as i don't have a DR)
Quote:
And in case I decide to spend a large part of my limited budget on this device, is there a shop in London that I can go and buy it instead of online shops? I'd love to see the device and play with it a little bit before spending my money on it.
While their website is a horror, google tells me Borders does actually sell the thing.. (Borders online store)
Though I doubt there will be many stores that carry them (already), given the shortage and the slow shipping, if there is any place where they have one at all, it'll be in the biggest Borders store in inner-city London, I guess.
zerospinboson is offline   Reply With Quote