View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 02:09 PM   #2
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
NOT A RECOMMENDATION
This is just a summary of what my thoughts were when I was recently shopping for a new reader. I looked at a netbook. I also thought, hmmmm, combo computer/reader. But the netbook costed as much as a large screen laptop (the laptop was on sale), so I thought, hmmmmm, I need a new computer, and I could read books on that nice screen. And the size was too big for lugging around and reading, but too small for me to see if I wanted to go on the internet.

So I got the laptop. It was sooo heavy that it pinched a nerve in my neck! I tried it as a reading device for 2 months, and it was perfect for reading, as long as I was sitting up and had it propped on a table or something. Or I would put a pillow on my tummy and set the computer up there to read at night. Made breathing a bit difficult, and I was afraid of falling asleep and dumping it on the floor.

After I pinched the nerve, I said, well, it was pretty profane so I won't tell you what I said. Then I went and ordered the 505 that I originally planned to get.

To make a long story short, in my case, the netbook was too small for my computer needs, but too bulky for my reading needs. So for me, it was not quite right for either computing or reading.

RECOMMENDATION
Pick up the netbook, hold it like you are reading, spend some time with the menus, and see if you can see and work with the small icons, etc. If it's comfortable for you, then get it. If you would have to compromise comfort, then don't get it, because if you don't like to use it, then it will just be wasted.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote