View Single Post
Old 11-22-2013, 12:18 PM   #9
Lancer_325
Lancer_325 can differentiate black from dark navy blueLancer_325 can differentiate black from dark navy blueLancer_325 can differentiate black from dark navy blueLancer_325 can differentiate black from dark navy blueLancer_325 can differentiate black from dark navy blueLancer_325 can differentiate black from dark navy blueLancer_325 can differentiate black from dark navy blueLancer_325 can differentiate black from dark navy blueLancer_325 can differentiate black from dark navy blueLancer_325 can differentiate black from dark navy blueLancer_325 can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
If it's an IMAP email account where you don't delete old messages, for example, you could use the same archived email messages to load the books into Marvin. But, doing that one-by-one might be annoying and inefficient if there are many of them.

Well, then depending on the size of your Library folder in Calibre, you could let it be mirrored in cloud software like Dropbox or SugarSync or Copy.com, and load the books into Marvin that way. Dropbox is directly integrated in Marvin and allows you to display and load up to 1000 books into Marvin. Although, truth be told, I like to keep my books in my cloud software (the Calibre folder which is mirrored online), instead of directly loading them onto the device. As long as every book is only a tap away in the cloud app, that's good enough for me.

Yes, iFunBox is a file explorer, laying bare the folders and files structure on the iDevice, without the need of a jailbreak. Not sure if drag & drop directly inside iFunBox would work, but you can definitely easily copy or move a large number of files between any two locations on the iDevice, even if it necessitated a temporary copying to the regular computer in between. The iFunBox interface is straightforward and uncluttered, unlike the convoluted iTunes interface where it seems you need to dig deep within many submenus until you get where you want to go.
This sounds like a great option. However when I open ifunbox I can browse my iBooks library but I cannot see any books to transfer via drag and drop to my PC desktop so I can then load them into Marvin. Am I doing something wrong?
Lancer_325 is offline   Reply With Quote