View Single Post
Old 04-03-2006, 05:47 PM   #1
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
Iliad Preorder in Germany

Hi everyone!

the site www.ebookmedia.de will be offering a preorder option for the iRex Iliad. I had an email conversation with the owner of the site and he said that he's in contact with iRex and he (or rather his company) will be "supporting the launch of the Iliad in Germany".

The bad news is that his latest price-info was 649Euro inkl. shipping and VAT...I HOPE that is wrong...because that would mean I'd have to wait for the price to drop before I order.

The guy (Jörg Wrobel) also told me that iRex is totally overwhelmed by the numer of customers that are interested in the Iliad. this is apparently also part of the problem concerning emial replies...
I must admit however, that Mr. Wrobel sounds like a very good salesman and is quick to discard both the Hanlin and the Sony reader..so maybe he has some kind of contract with iRex...so take whatever he says with a bit of sceptiscism (no idea how to spell that... )
He does however have a point...he got the software from Jinke (Hanlin V2/V8 software) and was not impressed...and we have had the same impression about the software we downloaded from Jinke (as you can read in the Hanlin V8,V2 thread)...so maybe he really isn't so wrong about the Iliad being the right choice.

Can somebody/anybody/everybody with iRex contacts try to clear up that pricing issue? It's starting to make me nervous...

Last edited by CommanderROR; 04-04-2006 at 08:54 AM.
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote