View Single Post
Old 07-09-2008, 03:34 PM   #9
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieScratch View Post
Worse! It just has the title and author, all caps in a plain serif font, and then a large rendering of the Ballantine logo, then the logo itself. They've set it to look like "a" book cover, but it's not the cover of the book. It's actually not unlike the covers the Cybook creates by default when there is no cover art. The cover art for all the books has been stunning, so I'm really disappointed it wasn't included. Even though the Cybook is B&W, I have my PC registered as a Mobipocket device so I could look at it in glorious full color if I wanted to.
Which means that whoever prepared the Mobi edition either doesn't have a clue about doing it right, or couldn't be bothered, or both,

By all means, send Ballantine a complaint.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote