View Single Post
Old 09-30-2011, 07:54 AM   #10
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
One: For consistency, it also let's you know if the TOC is at the end of the book or not, and whether there is anything interesting before/after it.

Two: In this case they are different TOCs. It's a link in the off-line TOC to the in-line TOC. The in-line TOC can have additional information, like illustrations or short summaries, which are not in the off-line TOC, and there should be a way to reach the in-line TOC (if it exists) that does not involve paging forward/backward all the way.
OK, I can see #2, but I guess I always strive to make sure that the offline toc is exactly the same as the inline toc (if it exists). *shrugs*

But like I said, I agree the decision should be made by the creator and NOT iBooks implementation of the navigational toc.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote