View Single Post
Old 02-15-2008, 12:16 PM   #1
jacksonunit
Sand Bender
jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Kindle1/iPhone/iPad/Droid/KindleDX/Kindle 3G/Kindle Touch/Kindle Fire
24hrs with the K.

I got my Kindle about 10 am yesterday and I can't keep my hands off of it.

My only problem so far is that there are so many other things to do (shop amazon, read blogs, send documents, etc.) that I am not really reading books very much. Mostly because I have the attention span of a gnat. Actually though, I am reading quite a bit, I'm just not reading what I intended to read. I WAS reading Moby Dick but I got a sample of another book from Amazon last night and got so into it that I ended up purchasing the whole thing this morning before I finished breakfast. I guess Amazon Kindle's advertising model is working on me at least.

Some things are slower than I would like. I had just imagined the email to me@kindle.com would be as instantaneous as email and Looking up someting on Wikipedia is painfully slow. I think that could be solved with a "no images" option in the wiki browser and the email thing probably just needs to have more hardware thrown at it. At any rate, I am optimistic.

I have quite a few Palm .PDB books that I would like to convert with the TOC and hyperlinks intact to prc and have not figured out how to do that yet.

The point at which I KNEW I had bet on a winner with the Kindle was when I had a brief urge to reach up and turn the page. It really DOES look like a printed page.

Finally, I love the little "Milk and Chrome" scroll bar display but it kind of freaks me out a little because, I mean.... What the hell is that anyway?
jacksonunit is offline   Reply With Quote