View Single Post
Old 09-28-2014, 04:27 AM   #37
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by edbro View Post
I have questions about a couple of the option fields.

1. I'm trying to limit my catalog to only those books I have not read. I have a custom column in Calibre titled Read. I also have a custom search named NotRead that searches "#read:false". This saved search works great in Calibre. So, in Calibre2OPDS I have "Saved:NotRead" in the Main Catalog Filter field, expecting it to limit the catalog to only those books that show in Calibre when I run that search. That's not happening. I still get a catalog that contains all my books, read and unread. Am I doing something wrong? Can I have a search that uses a Calibre custom column?
At the moment custom fields cannot be included in the search criteria.

It is something that I would like to add, but I find the way that the search part of Calibre2opds is coded using ANTLR which is something I am not familiar with. Unfortunately the person who originally wrote the search facility is not longer active in Calibre2opds development so cannot be consulted for guidance. I think I will pick up a reference book on ANTLR to see if I can work out what needs doing to extending the syntax to handle custom column names/

Quote:
2. I don't understand what Book Details are. Is that the blurb that pops up when selecting the "..." to the right of the listing entry? If so, then I don't see all the stuff that I ask Calibre2OPDS to include. I have Tags selected to be included in in details but they don't show.
The Book Details are the page that shows up in a calibre2opds catalog when you select a particular book from the list of books.

If you have the tags selected to be shown in the calibre2opds configuration page then the should be visible in that page for the book in question. It should be similar to that shown in the part of the Calibre GUI that you mention. A screen shot of the calibre2opds page and the equivalent from Calibre itself showing a mismatch might give a clue. There may be a bug that needs further investigation.

Quote:
I'm running Calibre2OPDS ver 3.4 rev 305 on a Mac. Thanks again for a great product.
That is the latest build that is available. I do not personally have a Mac for testing on, but hopefully Calibre2opds should perform identically to other platforms.

Last edited by itimpi; 09-29-2014 at 05:52 AM.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote