View Single Post
Old 11-24-2009, 10:46 AM   #7
mikelv
Developer of EPUBReader
mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by josepinto View Post
Hi,

When I try to open Baen books form the cd copies at http://baencd.thefifthimperium.com the books donīt get open in epub reader but must be saved to disk.

Afterwards, after I opne the book using Firefox File/Open, I only see the TOC and not the actual text of the book.

To reproduce try for example this file:

http://baencd.thefifthimperium.com/2..._of_Honor.epub

Thanks for all the work already done.

José Pinto
Hi José, thanks for your feedback!

I checked what's going on with this epub. There are two different problems:

1. The download dialog opens because the webserver sends the wrong content-type for the epub. It sends "text/html", correct would be "content/epub+zip". When "text/html" is send, EPUBReader has no chance to handle the document, because Firefox tries to handle this content-type itself.

Many other webservers don't send the correct content-type and everything works fine. The reason is, that they send for example "application/x-zip" or "application/octet-stream", some just send no content-type. In this case EPUBReader is informed by Firefox about the download and has got chance to handle it.

2. If you open the ePub in EPUBReader and try to navigate, you see just blank pages. I checked the HTML-pages which are displayed and there seems to be problem with them. If you open them directly in Firefox, the same problem occurs, just a blank page is displayed. I had a short look at the pages to see, what's wrong with them, but couldn't find the problem. I'll check it later in more detail.
mikelv is offline   Reply With Quote