View Single Post
Old 04-03-2014, 05:25 PM   #563
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
The program would have to be able to use the cores in parallel. I don't know if the PDF rendering code is written that way. I would guess not as I think the PDF language requires a state machine to process (and is thus hard and inefficient to implement multithreaded), but I could be wrong.

Also, more computing power means more battery power required. The engineers are always trying to find that sweet spot between system power and battery life that will please most people.
Yes, but isn't the advantage of multiple cores that you don't have to use all of them? So if you have a simple pdf you could use less power and if you have a complex one you could still open it at an agreeable speed.
Sil_liS is offline   Reply With Quote