Thread: ACSM format
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 01:52 AM   #8
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by avidreader53 View Post
I have access through my library for e-books, but they download as an acsm file. How can I convert it to e-pub seems calibre is unable to recognise .acsm. Help please
Download Adobe Digital Editions, and register an AdobeID. Then click on the .ascm file and ADE will use it to download the DRM-protected ePub. To get it on a Kindle you need to strip the DRM and format shift to MOBI using Calibre. The DRM-stripping is done by a 3rd party plug-in to Calibre, look for the tools_v2.2a bundle. Apprentice Alf's Blog is a good place to study DRM issues, don't forget to look at the early posts which are still relevant.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote