View Single Post
Old 04-11-2010, 08:13 PM   #11
scottjl
Reader of Books
scottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with others

Device: none
I got the 64 myself, because I didn't want to get less and wish I had more. If you're only going to use the device as a web-pad, then I think 16g is plenty. Apps aren't that large in themselves. If you're going to store music and video on it, that takes up a hefty chunk. I filled mine up with about 32g of personally ripped movies (love Handbrake), the iPad is great for watching movies on planes and I've had several positive comments from people sitting near me. It's a nice break from just reading and far easier to set up and use than breaking out the notebook. My iPad completely replaced me carrying around a personal netbook (eeePC 1000) along with my work issued luggable laptop, no personal files allowed on there (in the interests of national security and all that). The iPad is thinner, lighter, instant-on, and far easier to deal with. It also does not have to come out of your bag to go through TSA security checks.

I fully expect to gift it to a family member when a new version comes out (next year?) that has a camera, usb ports, built-in coffee maker and TARDIS functionality.
scottjl is offline   Reply With Quote