View Single Post
Old 04-06-2012, 09:15 PM   #44
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
Yes, I know that and do it routinely.

I guess I did not ask the question very well. IF the OP is converting via Calibre, and he/she was asking about sending mobis to the Fire to appear under Books, and not Docs, then the tag issue is irrelevant. No? But you instructed him/her to be sure to remove the [PDOC] tag. I am merely trying to understand the contradiction.
If they use the Kindle Fire profile or Kindle Profile they will need to remove pdoc tag from the Mobi output tab. This is what I originally meant when I said that. They will have to sideload the books via USB not emailing them because emailing them will add the pdoc tag anyway and defeat what they are trying to do.

The OP was emailing their books to the Fire this is why they were showing up as Documents.

Now about Calibre books. By default the pdoc tag is added to each mobi book that is converted with Calibre when the Kindle or Kindle Fire profile is used so they need to remove that from that box so anything converted will not be labeled as a Pdoc. The books will then have to be sideloaded to show under Books not emailed.

I suppose they could use an alternative Profile like we do too, it would keep the pdoc tag from being added but I didn't want to confuse someone new to Kindles.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote