View Single Post
Old 06-12-2010, 04:36 PM   #9
MsAstoria
Evangelist
MsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipedia

Device: Kindle Fire HDX, iPhone (yes, I read on my phone)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenophon View Post

AppleCare is not worth your time for desktops and displays, but is a really good idea for laptops. The Facilities folks at my university recommend that we buy AppleCare for all Mac laptops (and similar plans for the recommended WinTel laptops). Anything more complicated than replacing a drive or some memory will wind up costing you far more than the AppleCare did! Basically, desktops are easy to work on and don't break too much. Laptops are a PITA, and tend to break a lot more.

Xenophon
Well, perhaps that's true, but I had bought Apple Care with my Mac Mini ($99) and when my Time Machine quit suddenly, it was covered under my Apple care and replaced post haste! Not to mention the free Apple Care via phone too. Well worth the cost and then some. I do have Apple Care on my Macbook Pro and also on the new Ipad. I figure with the iPad being first generation, it's most likely to have some kind of break down and it's covered for two years. ($99).
MsAstoria is offline   Reply With Quote