View Single Post
Old 12-06-2017, 11:14 AM   #5
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
Hi,
I'm getting some nice deals on a Palm M500/505 device.
Is there any info on what ebook format it can read?
Both have an SD card slot (probably a Max of 1 or 2 GB)
Out of the box, Palm devices couldn't read any ebook formats. You need to acquire/download/sideload... a reading app. Back in the day, there were several.

The best choice now would be MobiPocket Reader, if you can find it. It will read the older MOBI format and can read the PalmDOC format (long extinct). It can't read the newer Amazon formats (AZW...) nor can it read ePub. Calibre's MOBI conversions should work fine, but keep in mind that the format doesn't support many of the more advanced features common in AZW3 and ePub these days.

I've read hundreds of ebooks on PalmOS devices. They work well for basic fiction reading where little formatting is needed. Screen resolution is low (standard in the later devices is 320x320 pixels and a very few were 320x480 like the Clie in my Avatar).
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote