View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 06:23 PM   #24
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddos View Post
Except that this is not how backlighting or frontlighting works, at least as implemented in modern LED-backlit LCDs and LED-frontlit eink displays.
Could be, that there are better methods to light LCD-displays nowadays, compared to what I was describing, and that back-light and front-light are converging on one another.

Quote:
TL;DR: Pixel density is much more important than lighting method.
Maybe it is for you, but not for me. I've got a tablet that has about the same pixels per inch as my Kindle, but I'd rather read on the Kindle.

I can set the Kindle's light in such a way that it just brightens the display, without making the reader look illuminated. This is because the Kindle also uses the ambient light, which the tablet doesn't. The tablet always has to be set brighter than the environment, or it's impossible to see anything.

This difference makes that I vastly prefer the Kindle for long time reading.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote