View Single Post
Old 06-11-2021, 09:44 PM   #47
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngrant View Post
Here's a nice solution for those with too much money who want to use a mechanical keyboard with any USB-C or Bluetooth connecting device! I like this idea much better than the Freewrite, and for less money.

https://www.qwerkywriter.com/collections/frontpage

Quote:
Originally Posted by skb View Post
LOL that keyboard is making me uncomfortable...all those round keys in square holes. Think of the crumbs that'd get it there (I have little silicon covers on my mac keyboard). Still. Pretty. Also, those knobs at the side with no ability to use real paper would make me even more anxious.

But it is nice to look at! I liked the Gold Edition (with extra crumbs). It looked really nice.
My oldest son has one of these. He didn't buy it, but for some reason his cousin thought he would like it because he does a lot of writing. It's actually not that bad. I used a bit while I was in Texas, kind of reminds of my old Underwood typewriter, which also had round key tops. I don't know about the colored keyboards (his is black) but the holes are not square on his. He has a flat surface under the keys (they stand about half an inch above the base) and the "shaft," or whatever the key "connector" it's called, fits pretty snugly in its slot — so you wouldn't be dropping anything into the guts of the keyboard. I still wouldn't pay $290 for it. I think when my niece bought it for him (a couple years ago), the cost on Amazon was about $220.

Edit: I've added a side view of it to show how the keys "stand off" from the surface.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	writer.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	187635  

Last edited by rcentros; 06-11-2021 at 09:57 PM.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote