View Single Post
Old 01-18-2020, 10:52 AM   #10
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrustratedReader View Post
That's a very personal biased viewpoint on Linux. Some would claim Win 10 is a mess.
<rant>
W10 is frustrating for someone who started out using computers BW (MSDOS2) and had also been a UNIX user.

When W7 came along, I said: "FINALLY, they are getting it right (security...)"

Then they (IMHO) did a IBM (Micro channel release) and 'fixed' (I ignore the W8 botch) and gave us W10, that took many things away from user control and moved others around so we could not find them.
</rant>

Expecting any complex program (that uses system resources) to perform flawlessly under an Emulator or VM is a bit much

The OP might be justified with their reasons on running non-native OS Calibre. I can't say. I rarely even boot the Linux side any more.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote