Old 10-20-2015, 12:24 PM   #16
mr0riiz
mr0riiz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3 (2015)
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Note:
That description is specific to the K4.
If you get it working on the 5.6.x firmware / devices - please write it up here (or in our own wiki).

If you need to make changes to shell-in-a-box, please use the github clone linked to above.
And post a pull-request at that github repository (I know that the owner is watching it).
I got it working.

I met several problems on the way. The first problem was that i wasn't able to log into the shell on the kindle. Since Peter Vojtek had a kindle 4 with a physical keyboard, he was able to write the username and password used to log into the shell. I wasn't because there was no way to bring up the virtual keyboard on my kindle PW.

This problem was solved by using aningulecha's version of shellinabox, which has a auto-login feature in the URL adress. Link: https://github.com/anilgulecha/shellinabox

Then i added ./kindle.client at the end of /home/kindle/.bashrc file on the raspberry pi-
this will launch the command automatically once you login from the Kindle's browser

Now i can log into the shell without using the kindles Keyboard on anything else than writing in the URL.

The other problem was the one you helped me solve in this thread.

The rest of my problems wasn't Kindle related.

Now it works like a charm. The only thing is that the Kindle sleeps after 10 minutes.

Last edited by mr0riiz; 10-20-2015 at 12:36 PM.
mr0riiz is offline   Reply With Quote