View Single Post
Old 09-15-2018, 07:10 PM   #491
trichobezoar
Riding Against the Wind
trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 10.1 & Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
I'm a Londoner and I'd never heard "whinge' until I came to Australia, where it was/is mainly used to refer to "Whingeing Poms".

I'm not disputing the word's etymology, just commenting on its usage.
That's interesting. I wonder if the originator of the article is British. Probably not. And he/she's probably generalizing if it's used in a particular region of Britain.

Last edited by trichobezoar; 09-15-2018 at 07:13 PM.
trichobezoar is offline   Reply With Quote