Thread: MobileRead November 2017 Book Club Vote
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2017, 02:41 PM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Come on, folks, this is not looking promising. I'm seeing two books doing well that I know I won't read (and I strongly suspect others won't, regardless of the voting.) One is $12, over the price that many people will willingly pay, and another is 600 pages long. How about a bit of love for Tracy Kidder's Soul of a New Machine, please. This is an excellent book, very reasonably priced, short enough for a monthly read, and it's an [i]good[/g] read. I know I devoured it when I first read it, and I'm actually looking forward to a chance to re-read it.
Of the top 3 books, Malta doesn't interest me, the other is a war book which I don't want to read and the other I will read.

For those who are voting for these 3 books, will you get them from Overdrive in time, will you read in time if you already have? Will you buy if you cannot get from Overdrive? Are you voting just for the sake of voting?

This is a serious issue if people are voting for the sake of voting. If you have voted, please respond to why you voted the way you did. I voted for what I will read should one of my votes is the winner.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote