View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 05:49 PM   #71
MaPePeR
Connoisseur
MaPePeR can shake the floor when laughingMaPePeR can shake the floor when laughingMaPePeR can shake the floor when laughingMaPePeR can shake the floor when laughingMaPePeR can shake the floor when laughingMaPePeR can shake the floor when laughingMaPePeR can shake the floor when laughingMaPePeR can shake the floor when laughingMaPePeR can shake the floor when laughingMaPePeR can shake the floor when laughingMaPePeR can shake the floor when laughing

Device: KT
Quote:
The Index link should not be clickable when used on the Index page.
It isnt.
(EDIT: The 'Index'-Index was clickable due to a mediawiki fault, i think. Templates tend to take some time or special events to get updated. )

Quote:
And the intent was that it (mostly) matches the forum prefixes.
I did not change any Index Name, did I?

Quote:
We do not want to encourage people to mess with that text menu bar at the top by making it TOO easy.
Than make it more hard to mess it up by not having the code for the header in the page itself.

Quote:
It looks to me as if using that template loses the "gray out" of the current index you are on feature.
It is not documented in the template examples, but please take a look at the Kindlet index, where i added that feature, as i noticed that myself.
EDIT: changed some examples: https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Temp...terIndexHeader
Quote:
That index line at the top of the page went through a number of revisions already as the versions bounced back and forth between GM and myself.

I think you will have a hard time convincing either of us that it needs more change now.

One of the things you can't see, because it hasn't been coded yet, is that the pre-fix tags in the forum posts here, will not only select the posts you want to see here, but will become clickable - with the click targeted at the top of the respective index page (that line you are trying to replace).
I didn't wanted to change the look or add anything to it.
I only wanted to change the way it is currently implemented in the wiki in a way the reader doesn't notice a change.
I'm not trying to replace that line.

But I dislike the aspekt of opening the wiki source and the first thing i have to scroll over the header, that i don't want to change.
The Wiki formatting language is ugly enough, but it is even worse, when we dont use templates.

Last edited by MaPePeR; 07-25-2012 at 05:55 PM.
MaPePeR is offline   Reply With Quote