View Single Post
Old 02-16-2024, 04:56 AM   #142
KindleAZWorKFX
Connoisseur
KindleAZWorKFX knows what time it isKindleAZWorKFX knows what time it isKindleAZWorKFX knows what time it isKindleAZWorKFX knows what time it isKindleAZWorKFX knows what time it isKindleAZWorKFX knows what time it isKindleAZWorKFX knows what time it isKindleAZWorKFX knows what time it isKindleAZWorKFX knows what time it isKindleAZWorKFX knows what time it isKindleAZWorKFX knows what time it is

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition and Samsung 10.1 tablet
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Maintenance upgrade for PyQt6/calibre6 compatibility.

The update should be available within a couple of hours via the normal calibre plugin update system (or directly from post #1).

Please note: this will be my final contribution to this plugin.
I Also will thank you for your effort is much appreciated!

I myself been off these forums doing other stuff at home these days not related to calibre stuff.

So, under Accessibility > Narrator in Windows 11, not sure about windows 10 but you can now download with Add natural voices a much of English voices like Microsoft Aria (Natural) English (United States) but they seem to be limited to Narrator.

unless we can add them into the regedit pages for text to speech, it would be unofficial but I would be nice if we could get this TTS to MP3 to output the files to the natural English; anyway,

I think this plugin doesn't or might not be updated much anymore, but since we can access the voices somewhat outside of edge now, on windows 11 it should be possible to get the text to speech , or maybe if Microsoft adds them into the normal TTS system when we could also get the eBook Reader that calibre comes with to use them with read aloud feature it has, outside of the TTS to MP3 plugin here.

I am not sure if windows 11 plans to release them outside of Narrator app in the future or not, in any case I put a feedback hub suggestion to add them into text to speech I don't know if they will, but it would be nice if we had better sounding voices for free in calibre. Under Suggest a Feature in Feedback Hub, again I don't know if that will help get them to do so, but it would be nice if we could get them working in the next few years in calibre.

Link to my post on Feedback hub Requesting that they add the natural voices to text to speech for accessing them in calibre eBook reader's read aloud and TTS to MP3 plugin.

My Feedback hub Suggestion link for this.
https://aka.ms/AAp53w5

These are the natural voices I am able to download for Narrator, if they can be downloaded I think they will work offline too, but I haven't tried that yet.

The current natural voice I have set for this Narrator app on my desktop.

as you can see you cannot select the natural voices yet in text to speech.

Last edited by KindleAZWorKFX; 02-16-2024 at 05:37 AM. Reason: edited and fixed my posts errors, Feedback Hub Link added.
KindleAZWorKFX is offline   Reply With Quote