View Single Post
Old 12-13-2020, 02:13 AM   #21
jennie2486
jennie2486 began at the beginning.

Device: Android Tablet
Hi,
I have been trying to use the ACE plugin with Sigil, and keep running into problems. I'm hoping someone can help me. I have used ACE with Calibre and have never had a problem. When trying to install in Sigil, I followed the instructions to use the command: $ npm install -g @daisy/ace.

I kept getting the message: '$' is not recognized as an internal or external command. Then I realized I installed the Calibre plugin without the $, so ran it without, and it installed no problem. Anybody know why ACE says to use $ yet I get '$' is not recognized as a command? (My apologies if this is dumb question, I am a beginner.��)

Next I attempted to run it through Sigil and received an error message: 'ace' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

I went back to the command window and tried to run some commands suggested. Had no problem when asking for help, and the version. (As long as I left out the $).

When I ran: ace ~C:/Books/Looking for Clara - Simona Grossi.epub

error: Couldn’t find EPUB file
info: Closing logs.
Re-run Ace using the --verbose option to enable full debug logging.

When I ran: ace --verbose I got: error: Input required

Ace by DAISY, an Accessibility Checker for EPUB

Usage: ace [options] <input>

Options:

-h, --help output usage information
-v, --version output the version number

-o, --outdir <path> save final reports to the specified directory
-t, --tempdir <path> specify a custom directory to store the temporary reports
-f, --force override any existing output file or directory
--subdir output reports to a sub-directory named after the input EPUB

-V, --verbose display verbose output
-s, --silent do not display any output

-l, --lang <language> language code for localized messages (e.g. "fr"), default is "en"
Examples
$ ace -o out ~/Documents/book.epub

I even tried several variations of the: ace ~/C:/Books/Looking for Clara - Simona Grossi.epub. I even copied the path from my file explorer and tried that: ~C:\Books\Looking for Clara - Simona Grossi.epub. I get the the same error every time.

Please, I am lost and don't know what to do. It's probably something basic that I did wrong, I am a beginner.
jennie2486 is offline   Reply With Quote