View Single Post
Old 06-26-2009, 09:49 AM   #10
ahi
Wizard
ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmathprog View Post
Is there a consensus on whether or not the 505 is usable for PDF documents, and if so, how best to handle PDF?

I've tried several approaches so far, and my results are very unpredictable. Rasterfarian seems to produce very accurate conversions, but the text is often too small to be readable, even with the largest 505 font. I've demoed a few conversion programs (ABC Amber Pdf and text converter, Docudesk deskUNPDF, etc). None seem to be a great solution. Some produce a terrific MS Word format conversion, but I don't know how to get from there to a good 505 format. Some produce complicated html which I can't get Calibre to process correctly.
PDFs *made for the Sony PRS-505* work better than anything else. PDFs made for any other size screen work worse than everything else and can be difficult to impossible to convert properly.

- Ahi
ahi is offline   Reply With Quote