View Single Post
Old 08-04-2021, 07:56 PM   #30
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I've already read the first chapter, and it's absolutely hilarious! [...]
The humour is one of the things I remember from my reading of the "From the Earth to the Moon". I did wonder if perhaps Americans might not find it quite so funny (as a lot of it was at America's expense).

I read the copy here on MR prepared by HarryT - The Moon Voyage, which carries both halves of the story, From the Earth to the Moon and Around the Moon.

db105 - I am enjoying reading over your reviews! I've never attempted to read everything of Verne's so lots for me to learn here.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote