View Single Post
Old 07-12-2021, 02:03 PM   #18
Calenorn
Brash Fumbler
Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NST, Kobo Mini
My impression of Verne's Voyages is that he was always answering the question: what would it be like to go ... THERE!!!! Flying in the air! Under the earth! Under the sea! To the moon!

The info dumps are a product of the times. I think Verne was motivated to persuade the reader that his ideas were feasible. Victorian-era authors frequently include educational material in their adventure novels (see also G. A. Henty's war novels). I suppose more people would find them worthwhile that way, especially for young readers.

Last edited by Calenorn; 07-12-2021 at 02:10 PM.
Calenorn is offline   Reply With Quote